The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is pleased to announce the launch of the call for applications for the Youth Event at the 7th Global Forum hosted by the government of Azerbaijan from April 25 to 27, 2016 in Baku. Up to 150 youth from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds with outstanding track records in intercultural dialogue and youth work will be selected to participate in the Youth Event (April 25th), attend the Global Forum (April 26-27th) and thus contribute to the global narrative on social inclusion.
This unique international level opportunity for civic and intercultural participation is designed to give participants a chance to share their experiences, learn from each other, interact with key stakeholders and experts in their area of interest and network with a broader range of actors in the field of social inclusion and intercultural dialogue. The Youth Event will also have an online component with the aim of maximizing the exchange of ideas among participants and preparation for the actual event. Its outcome will be a series of Narratives of Tomorrow, which articulate youth’s vision for inclusive societies, building on the positive contributions youth are already making in this regard.
Youth aged 18 to 35 are invited to apply on the UNAOC website: apply.unaoc.org from now until January 17, 2016. For more information, please contact us at: email@example.com
About the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC)
UNAOC is an initiative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, which responds to a broad consensus across nations, cultures and religions that all societies are interdependent, bound together in their development and security, and in their environmental, economic and financial well-being. Established in 2005, the UNAOC’s mission is to improve cross-cultural understanding and cooperation among countries, peoples and communities. It seeks to forge collective political will and to mobilize concerted action at the institutional and civil society levels to overcome the prejudice, misperceptions and polarization. UNAOC contributes to a coalescing global movement which, reflecting the will of the vast majority of people, rejects extremism in any society. Learn more about the UNAOC at www.unaoc.org.
Sumber di sini.
Apply online di sini.
The 2016 G(irls)20 Summit will be held in China next August. A delegate from each G20 country, as well as the African & European Union, Pakistan, Afghanistan & MENA region, will be selected to represent their country.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Female, between the ages of 18-23 (at the time of Summit);
- Lives in and holds citizenship in a G20 member country, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the African or European Unions, or the MENA region;
- Is proficient in the English language for all verbal and written communications;
- Has or can obtain a valid passport and visa for travel no later than April 31, 2016
- Has an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
- Will commit to launching a post-Summit initiative/project in her own community;
- Has parental or guardian permission to travel to China and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit (This may require absence from school); and,
- Will provide consent to appear in any and all media.
- Deadline to submit complete applications: January 15th, 2016, Midnight (EST);
- Applications will be reviewed by the G(irls)20 Global Advisory & Partners;
- Two finalists from each country will be selected and contacted by mid February, 2016. Phone interviews will be held shortly thereafter (only those selected for an interview will be contacted); and,
- G(irls)20 2016 Final Delegates will be announced March 8th, 2016 on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to China;
- Accommodations while in China (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in China.
Please note: it will be the responsibility of the delegate to arrange her own ground transportation to and from her home and the airport, as well as passport and visas (some countries will require a visa).
Daftar dan lihat detilnya di sini.